Noun Inflection

Nouns are classified by gender (kind), as animate or inanimate. Nouns that require a possessor, such as most terms for body parts and kin relations, are called dependent nouns (abbreviated nad and nid), while nouns not requiring a possessor are independent.

Click on a link below to go to associated paradigms, or go Home.

  · Noun Stem Classes
  · Gender (Animate and Inanimate)
  · Number (Singular and Plural)
  · Obviation (4th Person)
  · Dependent & Independent Nouns
        · Body-Part Terms
        · Kin Terms
  · Possession
        · Inanimate Possession
        · Animate Possession
  · Diminutives
  · Pejoratives
  · Vocatives and Vocative Plurals
  · Noun Suffixes Template